Residents, take advantage of the many perks offered just for you at the 2023 CNS Annual Meeting, including limited complimentary housing for CNS resident members, course tickets for Sergeant-at-Arms participants, and complimentary tickets to the Honored Guest Luncheon.
Discounted tickets to Symposia and Lunch Seminars are also available to residents. Register early to be sure to get a ticket to your preferred sessions!
Make new contacts and reconnect with peers at the Resident SANS Challenge, the CNS Resident Social, and many outstanding educational courses for residents. Gain the knowledge and techniques you need to advance your career, enhance your learning, and improve patient care!
CNS International, Resident and Foundation Reception
Saturday, September 9
5:00-7:00 pm | Planet Word Museum
CNS Foundation Awardees and Donors, Residents, and International meeting attendees – we welcome you to join your colleagues from around the world at this reception! Enjoy hors d’oeuvres and cocktails while chatting with some of the top international professionals in the field of neurological surgery. All registered CNS Foundation Donors and Awardees, residents, international attendees, and their registered guests are invited to attend.
Complimentary Housing for CNS Resident Members
Complimentary housing at the CNS Annual Meeting is available to a limited number of CNS Resident members and International Vista Resident members on a first-come, first-served basis.
To be considered for this program, CNS Resident members must:
If you are not a CNS Resident member or International Vista Resident member, please complete your membership application. You may also apply for CNS membership when you register for the Annual Meeting online and will be eligible for the Resident Member registration rate.
CNS Annual Meeting Abstracts
Take advantage of this opportunity to share your original science and be a part of the 2023 CNS Annual Meeting program!
The abstract center for the 2023 CNS Annual Meeting has closed. Stay tuned for information about late-breaking abstracts!
Residents and Fellows, choose to participate in the Sergeant-at-Arms (SAA) Program at the 2023 CNS Annual Meeting and attend your assigned course for free!
When registering for the meeting, residents should click the box indicating they want to volunteer as a Sergeant-at-Arms. They will be contacted by a CNS staff member with their assigned course (based on their indicated preferences), if selected. This program is first-come, first-served with only one opportunity per course.
Resident SANS Challenge
CNS is thrilled to again host the CNS SANS Challenge for neurosurgical residency programs! The SANS Challenge qualifying exam is held as a team event to build camaraderie, better provide feedback, and increase participation.
The SANS Challenge reflects a milestones-based assessment, uses peer-vetted questions, and accurately represents the high educational standards SANS has brought to neurosurgery self-assessment and education for more than a decade.
- Each program can submit one exam by June 5, 2023
- Your team will have 30 minutes to submit as many correct answers as possible out of 100 questions.
- Qualifying programs will be notified by June 12 so they can identify their teams and make travel arrangements. Final teams should include two residents and one faculty member.
- The top 12 programs with the highest scores will be invited to participate in the live, on-site challenge at the CNS Annual Meeting held September 9-13, 2023, in Washington, D.C.
- The live challenge will have three prequalifying rounds, followed by a 45-minute final round where the top teams will compete for undisputable SANS bragging rights, trophies, and cash prizes!
- Only one CNS Resident member should log in through the link below, however, residents may work together as a team to submit answers.
- This exam is not intended for practice use. Once the exam has been launched, the entry will serve as your institution’s final score. If more than one resident from the same institution is found to have accessed the exam, your team will be automatically disqualified.
Access the Qualifying Exam